google-site-verification: googleda25f3576488abc5.html Scribblings from my heart: Cooking - An art and meditation
Thoughts need not to be poetic

Thoughts need not to be professional

Thoughts need not to be informative

Thoughts are from heart

Welcome to my scribblings !!!


Sunday 1 January 2012

Cooking - An art and meditation

My cooking interest started only a year back.. after my marriage. Like every girl I wanted to impress my husband  and my in-laws through my cooking...

Initially I knew only basic recipes for lunch and not too good in making breakfast..

My first recipe was Rava upma and it was a super-duper flop... but my in-laws really didn't complain anything about that... they are always encouraging...

I just started watching all cookery shows, lot of recipe books and got cooking tips from my family too...

And slowly I understood the small nuances in cooking.

When I started experimenting new recipes someone has to be there to give feedback... and my sister-in-law is always there to give an honest comment on my recipes...

As for me cooking is an art and you need real passion to learn it... I'll also call it a meditation as it needs complete attention and concentration... All your senses need to be in place to make a good recipe...

I really forget all my tension and worries for the two hours I cook...And if I'm too disturbed I would better stay away from kitchen....

Some of us take cooking for granted as there is no supervisor or no appraisal is going to be done on it... and obviously we feel we don't get any monetary benefit out of it...

But I find lot of improvement areas every day when i finish cooking... It's a big ocean and I would say I've just got a drop out of it...

Continuous updation of recipes is must as I myself get bored with the usual sambar and rasam...

I would post all the recipes which I knew and it may help the beginners in cooking...


Happy cooking:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment